It’s time to give our kids the CONFIDENCE they need to deal with the real world out there. It’s time to give them the right physical and mental tools so they won’t be picked on by other kids or picked out as a target by a predator!
Welcome to the Smoky Mountain Self-Defense Kids program! We teach not only how to defend themselves from bullying, but also a host of Anti-Abduction skills as well.
Smoky Mountain Self-Defense will teach your child how to maintain their cool when angry, how to respond to someone that may be mad at them, and how to really listen to what others are communicating. We use training drills, pad hitting, games, and discussion topics to fully engage your child and keep the class both fun and educational at the same time.
In this course, your child will:
- Learn to defend him or herself
- Learn how to handle bullies
- Learn how to resist/escape kidnapping attempts
- Learn self-awareness of their environment
- Increase self-esteem and confidence
- Increase motor skills and balance
- Gain respect and learn skills they can draw on for life
- Have FUN, we use drills and games so they can retain the learning
We strongly encourage parent participation with the child during the class. This not only gives you a chance to share a special bonding experience with your child but also shows you how to work these lessons and drills with them at home to reinforce the material covered in class. No more sitting on the sidelines!