To pre-register for our Women’s Self-Defense Workshop:
All registrations must be completed by 5pm Friday Sept 14th.
Saturday Sept 15th, 2018
at Smoky Mountain Self-Defense
Fill out the electronic registration form below.
Prepay for the 1 Day Workshop via PayPal for $80.00 an individual or $60.00 each for two or more from the same family
Walk-in registration is $100.00 per person.
- leggings, yoga pants, sweat pants, comfortable jeans or gym shorts
- t-shirts with sleeves (long or short)
- tennis shoes or sneakers
- ponytail holders
- Lunch provided by Joe Lambert, owner of Best Choice Roofing of East Tennessee
- make lunch choice below.
- Microwave and Refrigerator on site for those with food allergies and special diet needs.
- bottled water provided
- No tank tops or cut offs. Please.
- jewelry, watches, earrings or facial peircings (only smooth wedding bands or medical alert allowed)
- crocks, sandles, slides, house shoes or other open toe shoes
- pocket knives or fire arms on person during training (we have lockers on site, bring your own lock if needed)
Our 1 Day Women’s Self-Defense Workshops have been created to be a source of empowerment as we address realistic situations with a hands-on approach. Our staff teaches techniques that will work in a variety of situations including low-light or no-light areas. We also train to develop skills to heighten awareness and will consistently demonstrate that no matter what your athletic ability or physical build, you can defend yourself from larger and stronger attackers. Our primary goal at Smoky Mountain Self-Defense is to provide our students with the skillset and mindset to get home safe.
Our 1 Day Workshop runs from 10:00am – 5:00pm on Saturdays, consisting of two and a half hours of training, a one hour lunch break, and two and a half hours of training.
Allow a minimum of seven hours total in your day when registering for the workshop.
Please take the time to read this review by one of our many amazing students, Deena Christian (Mother of Channon Christian):
Deena Clinton Christian —
Roy “Hoot” Shields owner and instructor of SMSD teaches REAL self-defense for the REAL world. Last Saturday, the Shepherds RC ladies along with some family member took the “NO MORE VICTIMS’ women’s workshop. This workshop is for women 13 and up. We were taught several way to possibly avoid a bad situation as well as multiple ways to turn an attackers aggression around and before they realize it you are taking them down.
I urge all women to either get a group together and take the “NO MORE VICTIMS” workshop or take one of Hoot’s classes. He has classes for kids, women and men ages 7 and up. Don’t live with a false sense of security. Bad things do happen to good people.
Thank you Hoot for stepping up and making this happen. SMSD will teach you an effective skill set necessary to get you and/or your kids all home safely.